Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back To Reality


I just returned from a few days of bird hunting in around Plentywood, Mt. It has been a down year for birds and that was the case for up there too. It's usually pheasant topia, but the hard winter and spring took its toll on the bird populations even up that direction. We still managed to find some rooties, just had to work it pretty hard. So, after 3 days of long hunting, our dogs were sore and bloody so we kind of wussed out and came home a couple days early. Still, it was a great time and nice to get away for a few days.

My wife left for Antarctica today. She'll be gone until Christmas this year whihc isn't nearly as long as she used to go for. Still, I always miss her when she goes away for so long and so far. I have my 2 1/2 year old son, Matty, to keep me company and probably busier than I think I'll be. Between him and getting caught up in the shop, I think I'll have plenty to do for awhile. I doubt I'll get the chance to fish much in the meantime, but that's what the other 3 months are for anyway!

No comments: