Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snow


Winter has settled into SW Montana with our first severe winter storm bringing highs in the single digits the next few days. Not so great for fishing but I'm sure there will still be a few brahs out there banging some spawners below Hauser. Lucky for me, I am on childcare patrol and am not able to get out right now to do much of anything.


But, if I were to do anything outside this weekend, I think that waterfowl hunting would be the best bet. In the 20 years I've lived here, I've never seen Snow Geese around here for more than a couple of hours as they make their ways south on the front end of a big norther' squall. But, they've been around town for the last week which got me noticing all the other birds that are around too.

With nighttime temps being around 0 or colder, it's probably better that I can't get out anyway as I would and probably pay for it one way or another.

No comments: