Wednesday, December 29, 2010

107/200

I'm not much of a Bamboo Rod kind of a guy, just not one of my "things."A few years back, however, I got acquainted with Tom Morgan Rodsmiths near Bozeman and they kind of got my interested in them to he point that I decided that if I were to ever have a Bamboo Fly Rod...it would be a Tom Morgan.

You can learn more about the Tom Morgan story on their website, I'll just say that there are a lot of folks in "the know" that would rate their rods at or near the as good as it gets list (including graphite and fiberglass).

My wife put the deposit down in the rod almost 3 years ago...surprised me for my birthday to say the least. So I went out to their shop, tried a few of the rods and decided on the 4 wt as it really was the smoothest dry fly rod that I had ever cast. Tom called me a few days before Christmas to let me know that the rods was ready, so know I am the proud owner of 107/200. Needless to say, I still owed a ton of coin on the rod but what the hell...it's Christmas!

No comments: