Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Cleansing of the Boat Bag


I've been so busy the last few months working on IT things - which is really pretty funny in itself - that my boat bag somehow fell into disarray. Some might blame it on my inability to maintain organizational skills in many areas of my life. Some have even said that I can be a little messy at times.

While that might be the case - I prefer to blame things like the current state of my boat bag on the Noid. The Noid? Remember that dude from the Domino Pizza commercials in the....80's...I am getting old. In my opinion - the Noid has been following me around for the last 20 years (ever since his contract with Dominos expired) and gets his kicks out of messing with me. He hides my keys twice a day, mutes my phone and hides it in a drawer, steals my wallet for days on end and then sneaks it into the visor of my Suburban, and then there's my fishing gear.

I can't tell you how many times I have picked out  a dozen flies for a guide trip only to get half a mile from the truck when I realize that the "secret patterns" our sill in my center console. He's even taken my lunches out of my cooler and put them back in my truck as I was launching the boat - usually only once a year.

I decided that I should start getting my gear sorted for the upcoming season as I will be traveling quite a bit the next few months. Things like inspecting my fly lines, seeing where I'm at with leaders, and clean up my fly boxes. As you can see, the Noid was quite busy this winter with several of my fly boxes.

No comments: