Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Rain Rain Go the &%@# Away


Yes, it's been steadily drizzling and pouring for the better part of 48 hours now and it looks like it will never end. Soaked all the way through to my bones finally. The funny thing is that I thought it was pleasant in Bozeman this morning as I headed up to the Missouri for my final 3 day stint of the spring/winter but things changed by the time I got to Helena.

Thank god I fished with an excellent guy today who complained only slightly at times about being cold and wet. But the fish were eating well enough and we made the best of that fact and enjoyed it nevertheless.

I had my boat cleaned up by some of the guys here at Cross Currents while I was gone...that lasted until I got to the Wolf Creek to Dam road. It's trashed again already. Also lost a bearing on one of my trailer axles, so that was cool too. The local mechanic will fix it in a day or two for probably 6 times the going rate...but I don't know that for sure. The river is a cesspool of mud below Craig and questionable for anything other than worms below CA Island. Oh, and it's raining...still.

But hey, I have a nice comfortable cot to sleep in tonight and will get to row around 79 of my closest guide friends tomorrow in the only 3 miles of clear water in the state!
No Particular Significance to this, just one of the things I saw driving today!

No comments: