Tuesday, March 20, 2012

032012

Ok, so I have a little better attitude today and I was reminded once again that I have it pretty damn good. Funny how a little reality check on what is really important in life puts it all into perspective. Seems like I have  a lot going on and I guess I stress out about trivial things too much when at the end of the day all is really really good.
Starting to muddle my way through the NZ pictures now and I have a long way to go. Although these have nothing to do with fishing, this place has always drawn my attention and these boulders are something I always wanted to photograph. They're called the Moreki Boulders and are about 2/3 the way down the east coast of the NZ's South Island. They are definitely out of place along the beach and I'm not sure of much about them other than the fact that they are very cool looking.
This was the first day that I fished in NZ this year, ended up on the Taieri River which is a tanin colored stream with good fish numbers. They're hard to spot but they were eating dries well this day and it turned out to probably be the easiest day I had the whole trip in terms of ROI per cast and fish that I saw! It also involved about an extra 100 miles of driving as I went left where I should've gone right and ended up in BFE here a nice lady at a convenience store confirmed the fact that I was in fact lost. Finally found the river and fish rising to whatever it was they were eating, but they liked my Klinkhammers. Got a few 2-3 pounders and one that was a shade over 5. None of those pics turned out worth a crap so you'll just have to take my word on it...

No comments: