Friday, December 08, 2006

The Countdown

I head to the South Island of NZ in about 6 weeks. My wife gets concerned when I tell her that I can't sleep at night becuase I'm so excited...we've got a kid on the way and that just doesn't keep me up as much right now! I have the rest of the urchins life to worry, so I'll just focus on NZ instead.

There is a small group of us going, http://www.finsandfeathersonline.com/dest.html and here's the trip in a nutshell. I should be doing it again next year.

I've got about a zillion flies to tie, but I'm more concerned about shooting birds tomorrow...Tungsten this, brass bead this, unweighted, leaded, hackled, parachute...the pain in the ass lies in the fact that I really only need to tie about 10 patterns...it's just that each one has 5 variations. Oh, the worries I have!

No comments: