Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Catching Up




It's been a great start to '08, but things have been busy...this my poor blog activity. I'll be getting back on it now. So, here's a bit of catching up.

January was COLD! I spent most of my free time skiing with my oldest son, Alex. We saw some really cold weather for most of the month and as much snow as I've seen in years. The outlook for snowpack is looking great for the first time in several years.

I went to New Zealand towards the end of January through mid-February. The trip was great but a bit shorter than I would've liked. Everyone on the trip got fish of 6 pounds or better with the biggest being 9 pounds or so by Chris Jones.I got 3 around 7.5 pounds so no complaints here.


I've already got the 2009 trip lined up. I'm planning on shipping my raft over there so that we can do some floa trips down the Waiau. It's a big river with limited access and the Cicada dry fly fishing should be off the hook.

I went to Arkansas to fish the White at the end of Feb and had a good time and caught lots of stockers. The generation was off because someone drowned so we were fishing in low water conditions like always. I hope to hit that shad kill thing right one year.

So, I'm settling back into things now, getting ready for the season. Our snowpack is looking very good and folks seem to be booking things up!

No comments: