Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Catching Up



Alright, my world travels are over and its time to get back into the grind of things. I'm supposed to guide the next few days, the first trips of the year for me. I've been feeling kind of crappy lately, so I might have to have someone else take care of these trips.

I'm kind of a hypochondriac and have been having some pains in my side and abdomen. Long story short, I had a cat scan today so we'll see what shakes out. In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on all the good things, one of which would certainly be spending a day on the water.

I just returned from an amazing trip to Chile with my dad. We were on the Nomads of the Seas trip which is essentially a gluttonous fly fishing adventure into some of the least spoiled trout waters in the world. Helicopters, jet boats, and ceviche while using a 150 foot yacht as the fishing cabin. The fishing was not as good as we hoped for, but we still had a couple really good days, a few alrights, and only one that kind of sucked.

To be totally honest, the bets part of the whole thing was just spending time with my dad. He wasn't caught up in the market and i wasn't worried about being anything that I'm not. I was reminded once again by how lucky I am to have had a great guy as my father, someone that I would like to be more like. The scenery and fishing were all wonderful but when I look back on the trip, I think its the fact that my dad and i go to hang out as friends for a week without the distractions of life.

I plan on staying up on things for awhile now and will be putting more nz and chile pics up over the next week or so.

1 comment:

mike said...

Sounds like a great trip & a good way to spend time with your father. Looking forward to more photos!

Mike