Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Wind Down

I can hardly believe that the season is almost over! I'm busy for about another week and then a few more trips through mid-October. The fishing has been good this year, with just a few tough days that I attribut more to the conditions than anything else.
The exception being the Upper Madison which just seemed to kind of be off this year. Maybe that high water from the Hebgen Dam malfunction last fall hurt more than we thought it would.
Cooler nights have brought all the water temps down, not thay they were ever very high to begin with, and the fish seem to be more active late morning on into the afternoon.
I just finished a good stint with several repeat clients and had a great time with everyone. It sure makes my job fun when the anglers are having a good time too!

No comments: