Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snow?



Yes it's true, we go some snow today. So, next time someone asks when it the first snow is...I'll say September 30th. It's a welcome change if you ask me as we've been smothered by high pressure, warm temps, and intermittent wind for he last few weeks. It finally feels like fall and the leaves are changing quickly.
Fishing has been pretty good the last couple of weeks, provided the wind hasn't been ripping. This cooler weathers should get rid of the remaining weeds on the lower madison and start breaking them up on the Missouri as well.

I was on the LM today and got some fish to eat some light colored streamers and lightning bugs. There was a blanket midge hatch this morning and BWO's mid-day. I'm talking oodles of midges as in my boat was literally covered in them both on the outside and inside. There were fish rising too, but we stayed above that and stuck with nymphing. Dry flies are for August!

The last couple of weeks have been busy and I've had the chance to fish with a lot of great people. I should update this more often, I'll try to be more better at it for the rest of the year!

No comments: