Friday, November 06, 2009

Lake Erie Steelhead and What Nots


It's been awhile! I was still fishing hoppers and caking on sunscreen the last time I updated this! Will honestly try to do much better.

Finished up guiding around mid-October after a couple weeks of unusually cold weather. We went from fishing hoppers one day to methodically dredging the bottom of every hole in the river for a few fish the next. We never had a fall much like we missed the spring as well.

I was in Ohio for 9 days visiting my wife's family, got back Nov 1. So, it's that time of year when I work on orders for next year and am generally stressing out about things a fishing guide shouldn't stress out about. Oh how I miss the summer already!

I did fish for some Great Lakes Steelhead for a day on Ohio that was pretty fun. We kind of got hosed by some heavy rains and ended up in PA on the only clear water that morning. The fall colors were amazing, the company was great, and the fish were all very nice. My only neg. comment would be that crowded has a little different meaning back there than it does here!

Anyhow, I'm off to demo the new Orvis Hydros rod in the am for a few hours on the Madison. I've cast the rods a few times and they seem pretty nice in the parking lot.

No comments: