Sunday, May 09, 2010

Blog has been light...sorry!

I just haven't been in the mood for blogging the last couple of weeks. The weather has been crap and I've been busy with trying to get thing sorted with new employees and the upcoming season.

The weather finally improved a bit yesterday and it looks like we should be seeing warmer temps the rest of the week. It's Mother's Day, the caddis are out in big numbers on the Lower Madison and Yellowstone now. This should do nothing but get better all week long so long as the nights stay cool and keep the river (yellowstone) in shape.

I guided on the Yellowstone on Friday and found it mostly disappointing to be honest. We got fish everywhere we stopped (we were wade-fishing), just not many. Finally found lots of risers later in the day on Caddis, but they were mostly suicidal whities. Saw some March Browns and BWO's too but was always pretty windy we got around those hatches.

I heard it did fish well yesterday though and I assume today too. Had a very good report from the LM and caddis yesterday by one of my guides.

I'm heading to the Missouri for the most part the next few weeks which should be good to excellent. Just hoping for some reasonable weather...55, no wind, light drizzle. Yeah right.

No comments: