Monday, July 12, 2010

Fishin'


We've had some great weather overall this year. By great, I mean it hasn't been too windy. Sure there was the whole months of May and June when it rained and snowed, but at least it wasn't windy. Today was the first real howler I've been int this year. Good thing it didn't hit until around noon, so we had a great morning and fishing was good in the afternoon too, just a pain in the ass.

Things are all getting into great shape now and flows are starting to stabilize and slowly drop so it seems like the fish have settled into feeding and putting some weight back on after the runoff. Salmonflies are mostly gone now, which is a good things in that no need to worry about gorged up fish and hoards of people trying to catch fish on giant dries. Hopper fishing will start pretty quick now...I bet I get a fish on a hopper in the next 7 days.


Had a great day today overall, lost a zillion flies on the banks and a few fish but landed the important ones, did some untangling, and generally just enjoyed the river. Hell, we even caught fish on worms today which made me feel whole again. No jetboats today either!

One of the guys got a very nice fish that the pic doesn't do justice but was 22-23".  The inside of my net is 18", so I just go off that and have gotten it sorted out to where I can generally tell if they are 20-21, but I have a hard time getting it right much over 21 which this fish was but it wasn't 24". Top fish.

Supposed to blow like hell tomorrow so I have no idea where we'll end up but it probably won't be as good as the last couple of days have.

No comments: