Monday, October 18, 2010


I guess summer it's time to get back to summer again. This weather has been crazy and I'm starting to feel like I'm developing an early version of SAD. I'm ready for some snow, clouds, ice...I don't care. I've had enough of 70 degrees and sunny. Done. If I want that, I'll go to Texas.

Fished the Yellowstone yesterday and it turned out ok. Nothing to brag about but we managed some decent rainbows, some dinks, and some piggy whitefish. It's amazing ow many weeds are still in the river and that the whitefish are still spawning...both of which don't get me jacked up about dredging the river bottom. We wanted to fish streamers but it was just too bright to give me much confidence that we'd get ver many chases. Other plan was to throw some 300 gr shooting heads in some of the big pools and swing buggers, but the weeds made that one pretty difficult. Should have wade fished the boulder and stuck with worms. Great guys though and beautiful weather.

One more trip on the books, go to Ohio for a week on Saturday, going to do some steelheading and photography there. Lots of work in the shop this week with orders and inventory reconciliation.

No comments: