Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Duality of Me



We just received a shipment of the new Access Rods from Orvis...just in time for bitter cold temperatures and hopefully a Christmas shopper or two. I've messed around with these rods just a time or two the last few months but am looking forward to getting out with one of them sometime in the reasonably near future.  Or maybe the proverbial sooner rather than later is what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, the rods are great (bet you didn't expect that!) both in hand and on the rack in the shop. These blanks are surprisingly light and have a different feel than the Helios, but some of the same technology has been incorporated into the scrim. Woven graphite reel seat, attractive finishes and they cast like a dream in the parking lot.

The best part? They sell for $350 in the trout sizes and $375 in the heavier weights. After a couple years of becoming "used" to selling rods at over $700, it's nice to have something in the mid price range that is a smoking good rod for the money.

Part 2:

I am in the process of trying to get my photography files organized and came across the pic above this evening. Took it while taking my kid trick or treating in some small town in Ohio. Needless to say...my sentiments as well. I realize that could be offensive so I apologize in advance if you have just stumbled upon my blog so please read some other posts! For the rest of you...my humor will not be lost.



No comments: