Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wind

The wind is a common occurrence here in SW Montana - especially in the spring, summer, fall and winter. Seems like most days on the water are somewhat related to the wind. I guess it used to not bother me but I'm pretty much at the hate it stage right now. Our pilot light in the hot water heater went out last night (happens about 3-4 times a year when the wind is just right), so I was particularly pissed about the never ending  gales this am! Crawl spaces suck!
Sure there are things you can do like try to fish in some trees or head to a different part of the valley where the wind is coming at you from your back, but man it gets old! I'm thinking that the lower should start to get pretty green here soon as the ice comes off Ennis Lake and the wind stirs up all that loose sediment. Hopefully it will be brief and dirty rather than a protracted spell of semi-junkiness that just never seems to go away until the weeds and tubers show up!

No comments: