Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Another Day in Paradise

Anybody else tired of winter? Had some guys want to do a float trip tomorrow and I tried to encourage them to book a wade trip instead. Highs of 38 and 15-20mph wind just didn't sound like ideal conditions to be in a driftboat...but what do I know?

I've been getting the photo bug as of late and have no photos. It's been a disappointing winter for me in that regards as I've traveled quite a bit...a lot more than I had expected...and have little to show for it other than a tan. I got worked over fishing in Mexico, Arkansas, and somewhere else that must have been so bad that I can't even remember where the hell it was! I saw the first flowers of the spring the other day and decided I'd try to get some low angle/rising sun/gel flashed/macro shots of the little yellow things this morning. Loaded up drove to the field, carried all my crap out there, the sun was just about there...no battery...awesome.

I'm heading to Texas on Friday for a quick weekend turkey hunt/bass fish - a different kind of cast and blast. Last minute thing that came up as a result of some screaming airfare and horny birds. Should be fun, haven't caught Bass in a couple of years and it's always good to get my "Jimmy Houston" on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the Hell do you know, you're just the guide.