Monday, May 02, 2011


It's been a busy couple of weeks of playing for me but the work is about to start - which is a good thing for me.
Headed up to the Missouri this afternoon and will be guiding up here quite a bit over the next month. This is always one of my favorite times of year up here as the fish are hungry, there's hardly anyone around, and the river is weed free. Looking forward to the days ahead.
Did a little recon this afternoon just to make sure that the fish will still eat pink things and worms - which they are. The water is around 7300 cfs which is high for this time of year but just about perfect fro boat fishing. FWP is shocking from Wolf Creek the Craig the next couple of nights, so I think I'll be heading down a little lower.
But we had a good enough bite tonight and fish were where they should be eating what the should. Saw some caddis around 8:30 which kind of blew me away. Lots of midges, BWO, and eggs.

No comments: