Monday, June 06, 2011

Looks like another perfect day here in SW Montana. Perfect for all that snow to keep melting and make for some tough fishing on the big rivers. Took a drive up the Gallatin Canyon yesterday as the water is starting to come up a little bit, so thought I'd go check out some of the small streams. They're all raging right now too, some running clearer than others - but all high.

Driving up there, I found myself looking to the sky for Salmonflies. This is the time of year when we normally start to see them around on the Madison and Gallatin. I have a feeling it will be awhile this year though, but it never hurts to look.

In the shop the next couple of days, back to the MO for the last stint W-F of this week. Daddy-daycare for the next 2 days and the my mom comes up to help the next couple of weeks.

No comments: