Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gallatin


Had the day off of the river today so focused on getting some stuff done around the shop and then ended up heading up towards Big Sky to do a little fishing on the Gallatin in the afternoon. The river was dirtier than expected with 1-2 feet of viz and green. Did well on rubberlegs, saw some Salmonflies so fished dries and did well with them too. Flows are high but the fish were hungry and hanging in pockets.

Life is good right now, could be making more money, but I don't thing it's the money that makes me do what I do. I had it sorted in my head, but it slipped away from me before I fully grasped the meaning of whatever it is. SOmething about feeling like I'm in my own world, yet part of the whole picture? I don't know what it is, but I sure like the way a river and the trout make me feel

No comments: