Thursday, July 14, 2011


Much to my surprise, the fish were actually eating dries on the upper today. Wasn't "lights" out, but good enough to make just about anybody happy. I mean come on...anytime you can catch fish on size 6 dry flies has got to be alright!

Surprised at how good the water looks up there. There were 20-50 boats at the 3 ramps we passed and we didn't go past anything up from Palisades. We put on early and it seemed to payoff as we only saw a couple of boats all day.

Usual BS where the fish will eat on the bank, won't come out a couple feet. Going back to the well tomorrow and suspect it might be dry!

We'll see what happens, no tragedies today other than the fact that I changed my shuttle half way through the day only to change my mind an hour later. Got to the original boat ramp just ahead of a big Madison Valley storm and my rig was there so 6 of us loaded into the burban and headed out to find Ben's rig which was on it's way down so it wasn't a big deal.

1 comment:

RS said...


I appreciate your honesty in your reports. Your spot on 97% of the time. The other 3% the guys head is just a little too small. Thanks. RS