Saturday, August 06, 2011

Eastbound

 Headed east today to see an old friend lost last year to high water...his buddy was still around though. Wrapped up 5 days today with some great folks on one of my favorite places on the planet. Fishing was good to ok to very good...it ranged throughout the day. Overall the water is in good shape and the fish were eating stonefly nymphs and Bow River Buggers just fine for most of the day.

Fish police were filming an episode of "Wardens"...they left me alone.

This was my first time down there this year and I was blown away by the power of the high flows in one spot where an island was just gone. Not just a little gravel bar island but I'm talking full on real island with 100's of Cottonwoods and one of the sexiest trout runs on the whole river...gone. There were remnants scattered around the river for miles and miles.

Hint...don't take the left channel up from Twin Bridges. I could barely get by a big downed tree by walking the boat around it. A few more days and I'd been screwed and dragging the LB across some rocks.

No comments: