Friday, December 30, 2011

123011

Here we are on the eve of NY eve. Christine is making her way to Antarctica as I write this and I'm settling into another 30 day installment of "Daddy Daycare." So, probably not too much fishing in my immediate future but I'm looking forward to 2012 and the adventures to come.

The first of which is a few weeks travelling and fishing in NZ. When it comes to fishing vacations and wild trout, there's no place I'd rather be! So, I've started tying flies for the trip and plotting the intricacies of the where and when's of the trip. Can't wait!

In the meantime, the back room at the shop is almost finished, should have carpet in by next Wednesday. Will be great to finally be down with that project that will give us a break room, receiving area, office space, and storage! We're going to paint and put new flooring in the shop at some point this winter too. We're also expanding our inventory for 2012, so we have to make room for it by getting some new fixtures and doing some rearrangements. Kind of fun stuff/

Our guide biz has been rocking the last few years and it's already time to get things lined up with reservations and the whole booking process. We're already booked up a couple of week sin July and August and it looks like I'll be back up on the Missouri in May and June. I think I'm getting a new boat in 2012 as well.

So, lots to keep me busy while the wife is away!

Happy New Year!

No comments: