Monday, July 02, 2012

070212


Headed up the Yellowstone today with a my brother and law and Steven  in search of Salmonflies. AFter some deliberations, I settled on floating up above Yankee Jim as I thought it would be a little less busy than down below. We arrived at McConnel to bushes full of bugs and the first boat down. The bushes were full of bugs all day, I was reminded that whitewater rafting is a popular activity on the upper river, and we ended up not being the first or only boat on the water.
The bite was good though just about all day lone. We got them off and on Salmonfly dries along with some smaller stimulators and nymph droppers. We pretty much just fished big dries for the most part and found lots of happy Cutties along the banks. It's been awhile since I've had a day like that on Salmonflies and even though they were mostly smaller fish, it was still a great time and a beautiful day!




No comments: