Saturday, April 20, 2013

042012


There's nothing like the anticipation of coming home, especially when the day happens to be the birthday of one of my kids. What I wouldn't give to be turning 6 today...Matty definitely seemed to enjoy it!
I have been attending the Orvis Guide Rendezvous the last few days in Missoula and I have to say that I think this one may have been the best one I've ever been too. They had a great turnout, a good vibe about the brand, and everyone seemed upbeat about the upcoming season and future in general. They put on an exceptional presentation regarding rod breakage and the strength of the H2 rods. But, overall, it was a great chance to connect with so many folks that I only get to see once a year.

Along the way, we stopped to fish the Clark Fork near Deerlodge...which I had never done before. The water was great and the river itself was just very cool to be on as it changed so much along the float. We started off above town and floated pretty much right through town and ended up in agricultural nothingness at the end of the day. The bite was pretty good for a few hours but turned off as the wind and weather changed. It was great to see so many fish in that part of the river as the upper Clark Fork was pretty much considered an aquatic wasteland not that long ago.
We stopped for a hour on Rock Creek on the way back today and got us a few fish, but it was slow compared to yesterday...or so my compatriots said anyway. The March Browns were out yesterday and the fish were on them good. Today, however, they were not out when we were there but there were still a few fish eating here and there.
It's nice to be home though. I head up to the MO on Monday.

No comments: