Thursday, October 03, 2013

100313


Let us see...
I was running a little late this morning and called teh shop to have the guys tell the dudes I'd be 10 minutes late...noone answered the phone. Called the opening shift guy...who was still asleep and hour after we were supposed to open. I was not happy.
Headed south in balmy conditions for a float on the upper, it was good enough yesterday and I thought that we'd head to Lyon's and throw streamers all day. It was windy and snowing in Ennis, but we kept going and the snow increased, but the wind died down. Got to Lyons with a couple inches of freshie in the parking lot and big flakes falling gently. The first hour or so was alright, got a fish to eat, maybe missed a couple, but there was a tich of vertigo going on with the snow coming down so hard opposite the current. Then the wind picked up...30 mph blizzard conditions with about 200 yards of visibility. Needless to say, we rowed off...slowly and miserably. The wraps on my oars were frozen, I had to bilge the boat a couple of times as it was filling up with melting snow, and I had ice forming on my legs. We still caught another fish though. Made it to Palisades by 3 and got the hell out of there. The road was closed from McAllister to Norris, so we got to sit on the road for an hour and a half. One of those days that makes you stop and wonder many things....

No comments: