Thursday, December 19, 2013

121913

We have been counting and counting stuff for the last couple of weeks, actually the team members have been counting while I try to mess with the database. I had no idea that fly shop life would look like this 15 years ago! Seems like Rick and I had absolutely nothing to do in the winter and know it's like there is not enough winter to get the winter projects done.
I was thinking today about our first winter at four corners after we closed the store on 19th. We had all that crap jammed into 600 s.f and bigger storage space full of all the rest of junk that wouldn't fit. Mostly lighting and fixtures. Rick would sit on one computer and play Spider Solitaire while I toiled away at the internet, just begging for someone to come through the doors.
It's amazing to think how far things have come since then and it's even harder to believe that we've been at this for over 13 years now. We really do owe to it all of those folks that come see us for their fishing and tying needs. I owe a lot of it to all the dudes that have been working with me for so long now, between them and the anglers…sometimes business really is pleasure.
So with that, it's back to the database, photoshop, internet crap, and store rearranging for the next few weeks. The light at the end for me is the gift of everyday being able to escape for an hour or two to some fishing place here or there with folks, dudes, gals, and trout bums in general. Beat the hell out of selling carpet and hating my boss!

No comments: