Sunday, January 19, 2014

011914


Wrapped up the Marlborough show this afternoon after a few great days of talking fishing. It has been awhile since I have been able to just talk about fishing around Bozeman and I have to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I oftentimes take all that we have around BA for granted, not a lot of places in the world with that much great fishing so close to one area! Lumsden, Mossburn, or Twizel might compare…
Heading to downtown Beantown tomorrow for a little exploring of the American history in the snow and cold of the NE.
One of the great things about these shows is also just getting the chance to talk and learn from a wide range of other industry/fly tying/fishing folks from around the world. I've been a "fan" of Jeff Currier for a few years now as he's regarded as one of the "best" fly anglers around. He kind of just travels and fishes a whole lot, but he's also a helluva an artist, doing some pretty sweet stuff just a little bit different. He does a lot with sharpies and paint pens, in addition to painting and whatever the hell else artists do. I particularly like his drawings that he does on fly boxes. I watched him do everything from boxes, vests,  and iPad covers the last weekend and was really amazed at how he just freehand draws it all so cleanly and quickly. Plus, he's a really nice guy, check him out.

No comments: