Wednesday, May 28, 2014

052814

Closed the shop today and we all headed out to the lower Madison. It's rare, like once every 3-4 years that we all get the chance to actually hangout and fish together, so it was a treat for me. The river is high, off-color, but everyone got some fish and most of them got bigger fish than me, probably more too. At the end of the day, I was really happy to work with some great people and to see them enjoying fishing as much as I do.
The bite was better in the morning, I think they brought the flows up some while we were on the water but I never did look at the flows. Regardless, there was a lot of crap coming down the river most of the day. Some streamers and nymphing tight to the bank.
Looks like everything except some tailgaters, lakes, and spring creeks is pretty much junk now and will be for awhile. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for 10 days or so and getting caught up in the shop.

No comments: