Saturday, February 14, 2015

021415

Celebrating the fact that I have found a woman to put up with my crap for the last 14 years, despite myself. She's been my best friend since the day I met her. It was on Valentine's Day, 13 years ago that I surprised her with a couple dozen flowers and a Golden Retriever puppy. It's hard to believe that we are all still together (the flowers are gone) and happy. The dog is having a hard time getting around lately and I was sad today as I realized there was a time when he fit into a little handbag and was so full of energy and attitude.
There is some weather moving in this late afternoon and it feels good to see some clouds and a dip in the Mercury after a day of wearing a t-shirt and driving with the AC on. Lots of people fishing the last few days, I might be one more on the water tomorrow. Might even take my Valentine.

No comments: