Tuesday, May 26, 2015

052615


Back from an awesome Memorial Day outing with the family. Our plans had been rather dynamic thanks to the uncertainty of springtime in the Rockies  and wife's disdain for being outside in the rain. We ended up at some junky little cabins on the Henry's Fork with my little guy, the 14 yr. old bird dog, and my wife. Spent a lot of Saturday driving around the in rain, looking at waterfalls, feeding fish at warm river, and topped it off with a trip to the home of the best chicken fried steak place on the planet.
I ended up getting a guide fro me and the little guy on Sunday as my wife opted to pick morells and hang with the dog. Matty lit them up on rubber legs and his Tenkara rod down below St. Anothony. Both the guide, John Hudgens (of Yellow Dog Fly Fishing now working for Trouthuter for the summer), and myself spent much of the day laughing as Matty stuck one after another with youthful exuberance! It was an awesome day that I think we will all remember well.
The family and I floated through the Box yesterday. I spent most of the day avoiding wading anglers and guides walking their boats down the river. Still, we managed to get a few to the boat. It was the first time in a long time that my English Setter made it out in the boat with us. He's never been a great boat dog, lots of squealing, shaking, and panting. He ended up drinking half the river and had two, five minute pee sessions at the end of the day.
We had a great weekend together, and I was reminded once again how lucky I am to have the life that I have been given

No comments: