Tuesday, September 29, 2015

092915

Headed east today, right into the heart of the big gold orb in the sky. Turned right in Livingston and headed up th ever spectacular heart of Paradise Valley. Wind was ripping at Carbella, as usual, and we headed back north to the lower, mid-valley. A few fish on dries, some trout on nymphs, and a few bushel full of whities. Spectacular day in terms of weather, once we got away from the wind.
Rest of the stuff? Dudes were awesome and the whitey bite was on fire. Actually had a bunch of whitey eggs all over the boat at one time. Weather looks like it will be getting right later in the week.
A long list of things to do by next Monday too, taxes, orders, kids' stuff, and grease those bearings.
Sometimes I wish that I was either simply a fishing guide or simply a fly shop executive. I'm starting to send that it is hard to do both. Something has to give otherwise my kids are going to be all grown up and I'll be singing that Harry Chapin tune about the Cat and the Cradle. Life is supposedly about balance, I've always been more of a doer or a not doer. Lessons are hard learned...

No comments: