Tuesday, March 28, 2017

032817

Yes, it's been awhile now...don't know what has happened other than I have started to run out of time and have no desire to sit and write a few lines of schizmo at night these days.
Spring Break was great with the family. We spent the week at El Pescador on Ambergris Caye in Belize. Fishing was less than stellar that week but I think we could blame it on a heavy north wind and full moon. Fish just weren't out and about on the flats in decent numbers. I got a few snook and some Bonefish and had two opportunities at Permit that almost turned into shots. The fishing highlight of the week was fishing with my little kid on the last day of the trip. He got into some Bonefish, landed several, and experienced line burn and knuckle-banging from the reel. It was a nice week overall and I'd recommend El Pescador as a great option for families and groups with some non-anglers too.
Last week was spent trying to get caught up and prepped for the remodel work of this week. Busy around the shop and fishing has been solid on the Gallatin and the Madison.
Fished the lower on Sunday with the little Googan. He got some nice Rainbows on crawdads from the boat before the wind picked up. New boat, RO Tailwater Skiff. It's fine, I miss the pointy front-end though. Skiff thing makes me feel more like a sellout than anything else in my fishing history.
This week has been spent moving crap around the store, cleaning the basement, and getting ready for the last phase of the latest version of our remodel. New fixtures arrive tomorrow, fishing Thursday, start guiding Friday.
Popping some vitamin A right now and gonna read some crap novel as I drift away into oblivion!

No comments: