Monday, June 10, 2019

Rambling Back with Stutter Steps


Awoke on Sunday with that unfamiliar feeling of "No Impending Doom"- in the next 72 hours for a change. At first I didn't know what to do with myself as the wife and little guy are out of town and the dogs get me up at 5am weather I want them to or not. I had that sneaky feeling that I should maybe go fish for awhile. Actually, I didn't really want to go fish as much as I wanted to go spend some time on the water with one of my new guides.

A rabbit hole opened in front of me early that morning as I started to think about all of the good guides and friends that have come and gone over the years. I miss Rick Weisend just about everyday - I wish he was still here with the team so that he could see the successes that we are experiencing now as a result of our hard work in the early years. Some old employees are back around and it always makes me feel great to see them all grown up like Jay Yockel and Swanson (though I never see him anymore). How could I forget good ol' Nick Moses, Paul Neuman, and even Thadeus? I cant and don't so I am trying to take  a few minutes to get to know the new dream-team and share just a bit of time on the water which seems to get harder and harder to fins these days.

So, we grabbed the jet boat and headed out. Actually I grabbed the jet boat, ran out to 4-Corners, picked hime up, realized I left my trolling motor at home so drove back across the valley to get it and then drove back to 4-Corners...yes some things never change. Finally made it over there and fished for about 20 minutes before the trolling motor quit working. Watched the G Man miss a couple of fish and cast like Hank Patterson on crack for an hour or two. The sun was hot, the boat was floating, and I was done.

However, it was another interesting day in the life aquatic on a piece of water that will remain unnamed.

No comments: