Friday, January 01, 2021

New Beginning

Oh snap, 2021 is finally here and Im feeling inspired to share my thoughts on the world once again. I have to admit, there were more than a few times that I wanted to reach out and scream in 2020 (2019 too) but I opted for maturity and patience in lieu of the impulsive rants that I have mastered over the last 50 (nearly) years. Ill give it my best in 2021 - so lets see how it goes.

Today, on the first day of 2021, I awoke to that irritating sense of anxiety about something that has nothing to do with anything but was just a shadow of an incomplete dream. However, I then had to pee for real, so I got up to face the day with 3 Golden Retrievers wiggling, grunting, and panting for an early breakfast.

Although we talked of skiing the hill today, it's looking like the day might be best suited for the annual office cleanup, watching football, and taking stock of my massive pile of flies and lines that now take up most of the free space in the man cave. 

The hardest part of sorting all my shit anymore is that I cant see anything within 2' of my eyes. Why me? I think about organizing fly boxes and all that comes to mind is the thought of trying o untangle a slightly used scotch-brite scouring sponge. Doesn't matter if its a wad of streamers or midges, at 2' they all look the same!

Here's to a happy 2021, fuck 2020.


No comments: