Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bad Blogger - Good Guide

Things have really been happenning around here for the last month. So much that I really haven't had anytime to keep up with this. Salmonflies have come and gone, although they are still in the Park on the Yellowstone. The hatch was good on the Yellowstone with several days of great action on dries from Carbella to Emigrant ( I don't have a USFS permti for McConnel to Joe Brown...but I do pay taxes...hhhmmmm?). The hatch was sporadic at best on the Madison with it always seeimg to be on the verge of taking off. There was still some good fishing on dries, but the nymohing was more consistent. So, now where are we?
The stone has been awesome for me this year, I've been over there pretty much everyday since June 13. Water temps are getting warm, so I've been hitting the stuff between Big Timber and Reedpoint as much as possible in the event that things go to hell in a few weeks in that direction. The big Browns are up on the shallow flats right now, I've got several fish in the 20-22 inch class and played arund with a few larger ones earlier in the week. Right now, the water is dirty over there, so I'm giving it a break until Monday or so. There are bugs out all over the place including Caddis, PMD's, Midnight Stones, Yellow Sallies, and even some Hoppers and Ants. Are the fish eating Hoppers? Yes, but where? I'll tell you in a couple of weeks. Tomoorw is day one of another 10-12 day stint so we'll see what happens.

No comments: