Thursday, April 30, 2009

Colder Slower Lower



The Orvis Rendezvous has been in town this week. It's a once a year event that brings together many of the endorsed operations such as ours for a few days of seminars and networking. It's a great event, it's just that I can never go when it's in Bozeman as I usually have to work. It's always good though to be reminded of what makes this job so rewarding every once in awhile. At the end of the day, I think I probably enjoy meeting interesting people and sharing a little bit of myself and world with them. Catching fish is great, but I think I'll probably hold my memories of converstaions and reactions longer than most of the fish.

Anyway, I did get on the LM for a bit today with Charlie and John from the shop. The bite was pretty dismal and I'm not sure why. The water temps are cold, but there are a lot of BWO's and thw ater clarity is 3+ feet with stable flows. The fish we did hook were in buckets and eddies, nothing on the random flats.

Hopefully tomorrow is a different story, regardless, I'll work hard and see what we can find. It usually works out alright for me one way or another over there.

No comments: