Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Off


Had the day off and decided to opt for the fishing option in my vacation plan...rather than work in the shop, answer phone calls, make a bank run, order crap. I'm lucky to have a great staff that takes care of things for me!

Headed down towards Columbus in search of some hopper eating salmonids. Best Hopper eat day I've had so far this year. I missed a couple of big fish, not surprising to me. The other guys both did well with good numbers and pretty consistent activity throughout the day. Very cool piece of water down there, but it is a haul. But solitude and dry fly fishing isn't such a bad thing. Now all we need is some rain and cooler weather for a day or two and we'll be gold for the year. The water is still in great shape though, but some rain would be nice for my plants and yard.

No comments: