Friday, May 13, 2011

Missouri River Fishing Week 2 Roundup

The Mo fished really well for me on the 12th and 13th. I think that having the flows stabilize a bit got the fish feeling comfortable and settled into the typical high water holding patterns. Firebead tan sowbug with a  purple Juju Beatis was the trig and most of the fish the last 2 days were on the purple thing.

Had a great run with good folks the so far this May and looking forward to all to come. I get pretty stressed out when that water comes up, knowing people have spent a lot of money and time to make it up here this time of year. So far, I think everyone has been impressed with the quality of fish and numbers so I hope it continues. I think the biggest fish we've gotten so far was a 21" bow last Sunday, but I would guess it's only going to get better as the fish were eating very well the last few days.

Good to be home for a couple of days and see my family.

This is sad...I think I'm going to try to sneak out tomorrow evening and see if I can find some fish eating caddis on the lower Madison. Been really wanting to try the new Bamboo out and this might be the best chance.

I really like to fish for trout, don't know why but it just never gets old. Like the people, the water, the bugs, the surroundings, the tug and watching the tug. I guess I've been fishing for most of my life now and it is just what I do. I really don't care about the periphery of the scene, I just like to fish, I'm one of the lucky ones that has a wife that supports me, parents that taught me right, and a bit of a twisted head that is perhaps deeper than it should be yet seems to find esoteric beauty in the simple things like wire worms and tin shot. Everyone has their own thing, I'm glad that my thing is just being myself and loving to do what I do whether with my family, employees, friends, or clients - I am who I am and that's alright with me.

No comments: