Friday, September 23, 2011

Going, going....


Arrived down there today with neuman and found the river to be a dirty mess. Plan B'd it up and had a good time, caught some fish, got some pics, and found the source of dirt...an excavator playing in the middle of the river.

Big pet peeve of mine there is the crowds. I've been fishing it for awhile now and am about at the point of talking about the good ol' days. Now they're putting a new boat ramp in so that it will be easier for more people to fish down there. But in the meantime, they're driving heavy equipment around the river bottom so you might not want to go below that one place...there are no fish below there anyway.

That stretch of river is/has been one of the best low population fisheries for years now, but I imagine that things will change as more and more anglers hit it. Biggest fish of the year the last 4 years has come out of there for me, wonder if that will ever be again...probably not as I find myself fishing it less and less and the crowds get more and more.

3 comments:

Luke said...

You're right. But I'd love it if you went back and edited this post to remove the location. The new boat ramp going in is unfortunate, but there's already a perfectly usable one there. I haven't seen a soul the last two times I floated it, and that was earlier this summer. No sense piling the attention on to a fishery that it sounds like you love as much as I do.

Fins and Feathers said...

Done.

Luke said...

Every little bit helps. Love the blog, it's refreshingly honest. Thanks.