Friday, May 11, 2012

051112

. The weatherman has been far from right all week long, but it seemed to catch up this afternoon as the winds died and we basked in one of the nicest days of the year so far. I wish I was home to help my wife clean and pack up our house as we get ready to put it on the market, but I\'m stuck in a drift boat, on a river with God knows how many fish in it right now. Wow is me.
Today was a good day as promised by one of my guests. We\'ve been losing an unusual number of fish which has me wondering why so many. Sure, there\'s always the lazy hookset and slack line but things looked good to me more often than not. Maybe I\'m used to fishing worms this time of year, but I don\'t think that\'s the case either as I always get them on a little bug too. Maybe it\'s just cuz the fish are hot and run like hell on that first run. We still managed to bring a slightly obscene number of fish to the boat so I probably shouldn\'t worry about it too much...just one of those things that make you go hmmm.
It\'s been a good run so far up here, I wonder how long these flows will hold out. Hope they bump it up on Sunday afternoon and it stabilizes by tuesday night. That would be nice. But, the whole river is in great shape right now and theres a little bit of everything for everybody.

No comments: