Friday, November 23, 2012

112312

A thankful day was had by all in my humble abode yesterday. Hard to beat a quiet day spent around the house with my wife, two sons, and two dogs. Brings it all home every year when we sit around the table and take a few moments to reflect on what we're all thankful for. It's funny how, in those moments, the things that come to mind don't have much to do with fish, water, rods, or govt. regulations. It was great to have my older son with us yesterday and everything seemed right with the world for the better part of day...until the Cowboys played.
Black Friday here at the shop today and fortunately for us it was more like a Black July and August. My older kid and I went people watching last night at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target. Truly mind blowing how many people were lined up everywhere last night. No lines here today, just an honest desire for lots of snow this winter and hopes for a few hours of walking around a cold river with a rod in my hand...soon.

No comments: