Saturday, July 26, 2014

072614

The last 18 hours has been a lesson in the meaning of the life aquatic for me. The fishing pretty much sucked for me, no…it really sucked.
Did a midnight float last night with the dirty hippy and little Bo Peep which sucked. Dirty hippy had a nice Brown on, had it to the net, in the net and the trailer hook caught the net, fish flopper, fish gone..it was over 22" for sure. We got one other grab all night and it was a dink Rainbow. However, this front that came in a couple of days ago has made for some amazingly clear views and the stars were simply awe-inspiring last night. I don't know that I've ever seen a night sky like I saw last night at 3:00 am. That got me thinking about how fortunate I am to be living the dream instead of wishing for a dream.
So, I slept a few hours and then took my wife and little dude up to Lyon's, thinking we'd get some fish on dries and life would be grand. We got 3 that totaled maybe 15" between them. No nymph grab, no zonked grab, no hopper grab, no shit grab. It was like someone told all those fish that they live in the Upper Madison and it's time they start acting like it…miles and miles of nothingness with an amazing view of the Madison Range void of all fish life.
Back on the sticks tomorrow, no idea where I'm headed but I know where I won't!

No comments: