Tuesday, September 08, 2015

090815


Finally had a nice day in terms of the weather and the wind. Dude happens to be in mid 80's and could really care less if he gets any fish or not. One of those mediocre anglers, but great fly fisher people I was referring to last night. So, we headed elsewhere to get away from the crowds and enjoy a quiet day on the water. I should have checked streamflows before I headed out…a fact that I realized about 250 yards downstream from the put-in. Off-color water and lots of floating grass augmented by a series of mediocre and infrequent grabs. Despite that, we still had a stress-free and fun day on the water. Things that make you go hmmm.
I was in full-on sellout mode today though. Simms Arapima Pants, Simm Tricomp shirt, Simms logo hat, Simms Rip Rap shoe, and I even made a few casts with the Sage Bolt with a Sage Domain reel on it. I had LL Cool J in my head all day…"…don't call me a sellout, I been here for years, rocking my peers…Mama said knock you out." You know it's bad when even my wife gives me crap!

No comments: