Friday, October 30, 2015

103015


Ok, I hope to God that I am through with blogging on spreadsheets and minutia for awhile! DONE with my crap, back to fun while fishing is my theme for awhile.
Getting all geared up for the Brazil trip...which I leave for on Sunday. Got the last of my good stuff today so that I know will have a completely full bag and carry-on.
I received today, via Fed Ex, some flies which may just be the absolute coolest flies that I have ever seen. I could tell right away that they were amazing, but it wasn't until I got home and started taking them out of the wrappers that I really realized what I have in my hands. I don't think that I've ever been truly blown away by flies that I intend to fish as I was this evening.
There is a dude named Brent Dawson that specializes in tying really big, fishy flies. In addition to having gobs of materials, you can tell that these things will fish crazy well by the hook selection, articulation, and the way he has used the materials and underbody to build bulk to move water while maintaining a true profile. Some of them are going to require some skills with an 11 wt.
Fishing with these flies…looks to be like fishing with flies that have SOUL.

No comments: