Monday, December 14, 2015

121415

Blizzard descended upon the Bozone last night! Needless to say, the fly shop was not particularly busy today. I can finally see the light at the proverbial end of the tunnel in regard to preseason orders and building purchase orders. It's always fun for about 4 days and then it turns into the one true long-ass grind of the lats part of the year. Good thing is that we will have a bunch of very cool stuff in the shop next year, hopefully we will be able to keep track of it all…that's why we do all the stupid purchase orders.
Things I am most excited about in the shop that are new new for 2016?
Orvis has a new reel that will retail for right around $200. I used one in Brazil and liked it. All reels today have great drags, so it comes down to the aesthetics and lightness more than anything. Personally, I'm kind of a reel geek and always fall for something that is a little bit different. I think that a lot of people will be digging this new reel.
Redington just released a new pant wader that is retailing for $140. It's not the most amazing wader that I've ever seen, but I do think it is the wader that a lot of people have been looking for over the last 10 years. A great second pair of waders for winter fishing and small stream stuff that won't break the bank.
Lots of flies, some great new patterns and a sizable expansion of saltwater flies. Rainbow trout colored Double Gonga's, Double Dirty Hippies, and Goldie variations are some that come to mind right away. More midges, more regional tied flies, and more rubberlegs. Flies are where my heart is at the end of the day and we have got lots of great new ones on the way.
I'm around the shop this week and then head to Ohio for Christmas with the wife's family.

No comments: